10 Reminders for Times of Change
#5. You will feel unadjusted and crazy.
- Change is hard.
- It takes time to adjust.
- You only need to do one thing at a time.
- You will probably snack a lot.
(On chocolate & pretzels & leftovers in the fridge, late at night while you are trying to get yourself organized or ‘figure things out.’)
- You will feel unadjusted and crazy during this time.
- Questions to ask yourself:
What is one thing I can do to support or be kind to myself?
What would this look like if it were easy?
- Everyone feels unadjusted and crazy, all the time. Life is a confusing experience, and if you aren’t confused then you are in denial. Better to let the crazy out.
- Change is supremely inconvenient, uncomfortable, and naturally scary. If you feel supremely uncomfortable and a little terrified, you are on the right track.
- Something new is coming. Something new is already here.
- You get to be someone new. Braver. Stronger. A person changed.
Are you ready?
* * *
Prompt from Ravyne Hawke
“Change is supremely inconvenient, uncomfortable and naturally scary. Yet we only move through life through the process of change, reinvention and renewal, and so bravery is our quintessential rebel for pushing us past our own limiting beliefs and behaviors. Bravery is feeling the fear, immersing yourself into it and through it so you can come out the other side.”
— Christine Evangelou