This is how to procrastinate.
Step #8. Feel disheartened.
- Make a list of what you need to do.
- Make that list again, many times, in many places.
- Check instagram.
- Add ‘stop checking instagram’ to one of your lists.
- Have a snack.
- Make a mess.
- Add ‘clean up’ to a new list.
- Feel disheartened.
- Eat chocolate.
- Add ‘movement and physical activity!’ to the last list.
- Feel overwhelmed from all the things you haven’t done yet.
- Feel overwhelmed by all the papers you have around you.
- Go online.
- Know immediately that this was a mistake.
- Decide this is the time you Must Google That Thing!
- Have 15 tabs open on one browser.
- Open a new browser.
- Decide you need to make a new list.
- Decide you need to get your shit together.
- Decide that you are totally incapable of making any decision.
- Look at one of your lists.
- Find a simple item you can do and cross off.
- Oh damnit, you checked instagram again instead.
- It’s been a long day.
- Write down ‘procrastinate,’ on your list. Cross it out with a flair.